Friday, February 6, 2009

Unemployment.....Sort of

Where to start....so many things have changed for me in the last few months that I am at a loss of where to even begin for those 2 or 3 of you that read this.  

Well as the title says I am currently unemployed, but unlike so many people out there my joblessness is by choice.  After 4 years of non stop working up in Dallas I decided it was time for a change in life and instead of being normal and deciding to start running or take up a new hobby I decided to quit my job and move back to Houston.  Now this decision was made back in October before the economy pretty much fell apart before our eyes.  Needless to say I have spent the last few months job searching everything from office jobs to places like Hobby Lobby and so on.  So far nothing but thankfully I am still maintaing the Lake Lavon Website so I have just enough money coming in to help cover my necessary bills.  Now all that said I am in the process of trying not to get down on the fact that I have not yet found employment.   I know I the right job will come along and I know I made the right decision back in October I just picked an interesting time to invest myself in a life change.  

With that I have decided here and now tonight I have to figure out ways to use my time wisely as far a exercising, crafting, reading and so forth.  I know I need to use this time to figure out what I really desire in life.  Well all the sappiness aside if you are in the Houston/Conroe area I would love to hear from you!!!  That is all the self reflecting I have in me for the night but beware with nothing to do with myself I hope to post on a more consistent basis.  

I leave you with a question of the day from Tina Fey's Twitter: Are Eggrolls just Chinese Hotpockets?

1 comment:

Lindsay Kennedy said...

I think that hot pockets are a poor imitation of a greek pita. I think the Greeks had a secret invasion of china and stole the egg roll idea, decided it was yucky and stuck with the pita idea. Then America got started and we had to eat something so we made a strange conglomeration of world cuisine, froze it and put it in boxes for the microwave. Thus the introduction of the hot pocket.