Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Stunning Revelation

There are many important decisions we have to make over the course of our time here on earth.  These choices shape the people we are.  This week I have finally comes to terms with a choice I have long denied even with the obvious signs right in front of me.  It is a choice so important that once you you make your decision known you are embraced by those like you and mocked and cursed by those who are not........................

I am just going to say it...I am a shower person!  I have long thought myself to be a girl who preferred  the wonderful sensation of a long hot bath.  Well let me just tell you after having my ability to chose between a shower and a bath (I was only able to takes baths this week due to a leaky pipe)  I found I longed for a nice hot shower.  There have been signs over the years that I ignored:

1. In college when you are first out on your own your dorm room only provides you with the option of  taking a shower.  Well my dorm also offered another alternative on the first floor a community bath an amazing find for the bath lover.  If I had truly been a lover of a bath I would have not gotten the hebby jebbies every time I thought about trucking it down to the community bath and locking myself into the room where who knows what or who had used the tub before me. A true bath lover like an unknown friend of mine (you know who you are) used this room frequently and sometimes more than once a day until sadly (or thankfully) the locked it up.

2. A true bath lover would not think of taking a bath as sitting in your own filth water.  Which I do view it if it is to be my means of getting clean.  The most enjoyable bath is one you take after having taken a shower.  This way you are not sitting in dirty water but nice clean water!

3. When given the choice I will always pick a shower....it is quicker, your are not laying in dirty water and the water doesn't get cold on you (unless you are taking a 30 minute shower)

So that being said I feel much better about putting this discovery out in the open and I hope that those of you who are bath lovers do not look at me any differently.  And hey don't get me wrong a bath is nice every once and a while.  

chocolate_bath.jpg

This is what sitting in your own filth looks like!

1 comment:

Christina Spinella said...

When I sit down and think about how many people who I could not identify used that bathtub in Mosher Hall, I am a little disgusted. However, I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed my trips down there, even if I did have to sneak into it because I don't think you were supposed to use it unless you had some sort of physical handicap that precluded you from using your shower...maybe that's why they locked it up??